Award Winning Speech

Award Winning Speech

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Byte Suckers: How endless browsing kills attention

I have come to detest my habit of browsing endlessly for news, articles and cross-interest scanning of social media streams across laptop, mobile and tablets. At the end of the day, there is still no tiredness. In fact the more hours I stay up to work the satiation for sucking more bytes increases. Looks like it is more addictive than nicotine.

What this does to me is nothing comprehensible. True to the nature of bytes all that is consumed is binary form most of them garble my memory. Given the side effects of distractions, makes me rude to answer partners or fellow colleagues while scanning posts and not looking up, and in the end meaningless meanderings to prolong work which otherwise could have allowed me to spend time with my kids.

Why am I confessing this ? Don't know. Could be a start to move free from being a byte sucker to a meaningful information seeker and plant myself with few trusted knowledge providers and be watching their intellectual space.

2 comments:

  1. Bytes suckers are Bite suckers and unmindful of the sucker he or she is made to become differently abled in course of time. Happy to note that realisation has at the right age and at the right moment.SATYAMAVE JAYATHE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your grateful informations, our is an one of the Ecommerce Web Applications Development Company , located in bangalore. Providing Ecommerce development services to the clients across india, clients can contact fnt software solutions complaints for their queries.

    ReplyDelete

Top Agile Blogs

License

Creative Commons License
Learning Practice by Shrinivasan.G is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License All views expressed here are my own and does not reflect that of my employer or clients or any other sources.
.