Award Winning Speech

Award Winning Speech

Sunday, February 15, 2009

How many projects can a PM handle?

My own data always told me for past couple of years that I cannot handle more than 2 projects at the same time.


Many of my ex-bosses in interest of optimization would assign me to projects in multiple phases.


However every time I get to 3 projects, I always found myself reaching my "break point."


Was wondering if it is really true.


Yesterday, I saw my colleague running 2 parellel projects. I realized through "Step back" the reasons my data was shouting loud at me and I have been egoistically ignoring them for a while.


A manager of small teams/groups, with processes evolving with customer requirements, there is human touch transactions that is very necessary. These take up time that keeping the big picture is a matter of self discipline than a corporate demand.


But this does not still answer the question of "Maxed out @ 3" data.


How many projects do you over see at a single time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Agile Blogs

License

Creative Commons License
Learning Practice by Shrinivasan.G is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License All views expressed here are my own and does not reflect that of my employer or clients or any other sources.
.